Monday, February 2, 2015

Good Cops Bad Cops

by John Galt

As a topic debated in the media, I’ll mention my thoughts on our policemen and women.  The majority of police officers are upstanding people doing an extremely difficult job.  I know I couldn’t make the split-second decisions they have to make.  I cannot imagine the remorse they must feel when they make an error in judgment that results in someone being harmed.  Wearing a gun isn't a responsibility I want to shoulder, much less wear one as part of my job.  I cannot imagine a society without the peace-keepers, so they have my admiration. 


If we look at the members of police forces across the country, I’m sure you will find officers representing all races, genders, and economic standings.  Our local police force is us, maybe not with statistical precision, but they are a product of our local communities.  Within the country-wide police community, there are some that use the power that comes with a badge to take advantage.  No question that these officers exist and they should be held accountable for their misconduct.  Just like the rest of us, there are good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite, rational, and thoughtful discourse is encouraged. Comments that are rude, vulgar, or off topic will be deleted.