Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thank You


Tony finally beat the cancer he’d been fighting for seven years.  A man of incredible faith, Tony passed away on November 30th and now resides in the Kingdom of Heaven.  Tony leaves behind a wife, two children, and a huge hole in the world.

I first met Tony at a time when I had slipped away from church and my faith.  Tony inspired me to renew my faith and, as a result, I became active in church again.  In all the years I knew Tony, I don’t think I ever saw him without a smile on his face.  If he can smile while battling cancer, then it seems silly for me to be angry over a bad day at work or some other inconvenience.  His example inspired me to be a better person.

I have regrets.  I regret that I didn't spend more time with Tony and I regret that I didn't thank him for being an inspiration and role model.  I truly believe God brings people such as Tony into our lives for a reason, providing us with opportunities to grow as Christians and as human beings. I missed my chance to thank Tony, but I’ll try to let his family know what he meant to me.

If you look around, there’s probably somebody in your life like Tony, serving as a role model, an inspiration, or friend.  Don’t pass up a chance to tell them what they mean to you and to thank them and thank God for them.  Gifts like these people are too precious to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite, rational, and thoughtful discourse is encouraged. Comments that are rude, vulgar, or off topic will be deleted.